Trust is a fundamental thing for any relationship, but if there’s no room for trust then the reasons to break up increases thereby giving rise to infinite signs of a breakup. Having said that, if you think that you want to avoid a break up in the actual sense, then, make sure to familiarize yourself with the warning signs of a breakup as well as the ways through which you can prevent this disaster from taking place.
Is a marriage breakup in your future? You’ll want to do something about it now rather than hoping that the problem will go away on its own.
Trying to ignore your difficulties won’t make them go away. Believe me; they’ll simply escalate to the point where the situation becomes intolerable.
Although dealing with them can be very uncomfortable, it’s best to face them now. Because love is blind, you may not even recognize the symptoms of marriage in crisis. These small problems have a way of getting bigger.
What are the symptoms of a marriage in crisis?
- There’s no fun left in your life as a couple. The times when you go out together generate still more tension and stress.
- There’s no intimacy in your relationship. This symptom is severe because it may mean that someone is having an affair.
- It’s a great relief when your spouse is absent. You find that your company relaxes you more and is much preferred to the company of your spouse.
- Neither one of you ever compliments the other. Criticizing each other has become a habit. You get to the point where you feel that you can’t do anything right. You then start to withdraw and minimize your interactions with your spouse.
- There are unresolvable differences that create stress between you.
For example, neatness can be a source of stress for many couples. When each person blames the other for the problem, the difficulty lingers and generates more resentment. So you may feel that your spouse is an inconsiderate slob, while she or he thinks of you like a nagging neatness freak.
Differences in how the two of you see and consider money is a classic source of confrontation. Saving enough money to pay the bills may be your priority while your spouse may feel the need to buy and enjoy the good things in life.
If these signs apply to you, it’s important not to allow denial to take hold. Act on it now. You owe it to yourself, your partner, and your children.
Now that you have understood the major warning signs of a breakup, it is time for you to take action in saving your relationship.